Jessica T. Travers helps large and small employers avoid and resolve conflicts with employees. She is an experienced litigator handling a variety of intricate employment issues, including overtime and minimum wage, discrimination and retaliation, whistleblowing, workplace harassment, employee leave and reasonable accommodations, employee class and collective actions, and non-compete and breach of contract claims.
Jessica represents employers before federal and state agencies, state and federal courts, the courts of appeal, and arbitral forums. Whether the matter is small or complex, Jessica brings the same amount of subject-matter expertise, efficiency, tenacity, and experience to reach the best resolution for the client. Her clients span various industries, including the hospitality, retail, transportation, and energy sectors.
Jessica understands that litigation can be costly and burdensome for companies. Thus, Jessica believes that litigation avoidance is a key to her client’s overall success and uses her extensive litigation experience to counsel employers on implementing lawful policies, handling employee conflicts within the law, and mitigating workforce risks. Jessica is also a frequent speaker on these topics.
Notable Work :
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Defeated a motion for nationwide class certification in a case on behalf of a global technology company.
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Obtained summary judgment for a national transportationcompany on a key FLSA exemption the employer applied to a majority of its workforce.
- Employment Litigation: Compelled arbitration for a variety of employers in diverse industries to avoid class and/or collective litigation.
- Employment Litigation: Secured summary judgment in a discrimination and retaliation claim that was affirmed by the court of appeals.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2005, Tulane Environmental Law Journal, Senior Managing Editor
- B.S., University of Florida, 2002
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member; Labor and Employment Law Committee, Member; Young Lawyers Section, Member
- Junior League, Member
- Done In A Day Committee, Member
Rate : $$$