Joan M. Verchot practices in the area of litigation and workers’ compensation, focusing on litigation at the administrative, trial court, and appellate levels. She is Board Certified in workers’ compensation law by the Ohio State Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Specialty Board.
She has extensive experience in advising clients on all aspects of workers’ compensation law, including administrative hearings, safety violations, investigations, compliance and alternative dispute resolution for state-fund and self-insured employers.
She previously served as an assistant attorney general in the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s office before joining Dinsmore in 1989. She has had articles published in The Workers’ Compensation Journal of Ohio, Ohio Lawyer, and The Business Courier.
Joan is a frequent speaker on workers’ compensation issues for trade groups, clients, third-party administrators, bar associations, the Ohio BWC and CLE presentations. She currently sits on the Industrial Commission of Ohio Rules Advisory Committee and serves on the Board of Directors of Kids Chance of Ohio.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Maryland (B.A.)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Committee past chairperson
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Committee past chairperson
- Capital University Law School, Alumni Governing Board past chairperson
- Southwest Ohio Self-Insurers Association
- Ohio Joint Task Force on Gender Fairness.
Rate : $$$$