John L. Dicks is a litigator, experienced in statutory claims, fraud, breaches of contracts and fiduciary duty, estate, trust and probate litigation, commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes, and judgment execution. John also has significant experience in bankruptcy court, representing secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, and court-appointed fiduciaries.
John has defended lawsuits brought under the consumer protection statutes, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA).
He has litigated these cases for seven years, and handled at least 40 in the last two years, in nearly every Court in the Tampa Bay region (small claims, state, federal, bankruptcy), in arbitration, and in several other jurisdictions in Florida and around the country.
John also has experience representing large banks and community banks in all manners of banking litigation, particularly commercial foreclosures and other representation of secured creditors, in and out of bankruptcy.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010
- M.B.A., University of Florida, 2010
- B.A., University of Florida, Economics, 2006, with honors, Florida Blue Key
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ferguson-White Inn of Court, Member
- Board of Governors for the Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division, Member
Rate : $$$$