John (Jack) D. Gillespie develops solutions to the challenges faced by his clients, who value his tenacity, creativity, and efficiency. He has extensive experience representing developers and investors on all aspects of commercial real estate development and joint venture formation. His more than 20 years of experience covers a broad range of real estate law, including projects ranging from individual investments to nationally-recognized mixed-use developments and multi-billion dollar real estate portfolio acquisitions.
Jack regularly represents developers and investors in connection with financings, and he advises small businesses on their corporate needs. Renowned as a trusted advisor, buyers and sellers of real estate turn to Jack for counsel on matters involving large portfolio transactions, such as complex ground and air rights lease transactions.
In addition, Jack concentrates a portion of his practice on health care real estate, including senior housing facilities (skilled nursing, assisted living and memory care), medical office buildings and physician practices. Investors in health care real estate (whether medical office building developers, health care REITs or physician groups) rely on Jack for his strategic problem solving skills in negotiating transactions with hospital systems.
On a day-to-day basis, in connection with his health care real estate practice, Jack covers a number of issues, including:
- Acquisition, disposition and development of medical office buildings
- The needs of REITs in acquisitions, new development projects, dispositions, loan assumptions and consents, and leasing transactions
- Hospital campus developments and hospital master leases
- Ground leases and air rights leases in connection with hospital campus developments
- Development, asset management and property management agreements
- Joint venture agreements
With a passion for supporting the real estate industry, Jack is a frequent speaker and he serves as part of a team designated as national leasing counsel for a publicly traded health care REIT with a portfolio comprising over 15 million square feet.
- J.D., Ohio State University, 1994
- B.A., cum laude, Ohio Wesleyan University, 1991
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Board of the Homeless Families Foundation, Trustee
Rate : $$$$