John G. Igoe is an experienced corporate lawyer with knowledge of many areas of business law. He learns the operations and businesses of his clients in depth in order to be in a position to render legal advice in the context of their goals.
John began his legal career in the Firm’s Providence office in 1981 and moved to the West Palm Beach office in 1983 to assist in building the Firm’s practice in Florida. John has extensive experience working with start-up companies and entrepreneurs as they form and grow their businesses.
John also represents venture capital and private equity funds. John has worked in the venture capital arena since he started practicing law in 1981. He has advised start-up companies from inception to IPO and beyond.
He has a strong reputation in Florida for his knowledge of venture capital transactions and securities law. He also works on complex corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and general corporate matters.
John serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Florida Venture Forum. John was recognized as a Top Lawyer in the South Florida Legal Guide from 2010 to 2017 in the area of private equity.
After college, John worked as a manager for a rock band based in Providence, RI. He started a consulting company with two partners working as marketing entrepreneurs and promoting street fairs for downtown merchant associations.
Representative Experience :
- John has advised a wireless equipment technology company from its inception. He helped to structure an initial venture capital investment before the company hired a management team. He guided the company through a series of complex private equity financings, its IPO and changes in key management. The company raised over $240 million in private and public equity.
- John advised an entrepreneur who started a medical imaging device company and represented the company in its start-up and early stage growth phases and through its public offering. He helped the company structure its private offerings and its IPO.
- John represents a biometrics company spun out from its parent company. The company is developing state of the art fingerprint scanning technology. This company has raised substantial private equity from high net worth investors.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Executive Committee and Board Member, Florida Venture Forum, Inc.
- J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School, 1981
- A.B., Brown University, 1976
Admissions : Florida; Massachusetts; Rhode Island
Rate : $$$