Jay Holloway is a partner on the firm’s Environment & Natural Resources team. Jay has over 20 years of experience advising clients throughout the United States on compliance on every aspect of the Clean Air Act. This advice includes permitting, ongoing compliance, enforcement and new regulations.
This experience includes leading the defense of enforcement actions and citizen suits alleging that existing emissions sources violated the CAA’s New Source Review regulations. These cases continued for some 20 years and Jay represented more than a dozen clients. The cases involved hundreds of depositions, extensive motions practice, briefing and trials.
Most recently, Jay’s focus is on the new Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and Coal Ash regulations promulgated under the Obama administration and the Trump administration’s efforts to roll back these regulations.
Most of this work is on the Clean Power Plan which imposes CO2 regulations on existing utility coal boilers. Jay tracks, analyzes and comments on regulations on behalf of his clients. He also litigates against these regulations and now is developing alternatives to these new regulations.
His in-depth knowledge of electric generating facilities has made him a frequent speaker on EPA rules, enforcement initiatives, citizen suit litigation and coal and natural gas issues. Jay earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Richmond. He earned an M.A.P.A. degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia.
- Virginia State Bar – Former Member, Board of Governors; Former Chair, Administrative Law Section
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association – Member
- Virginia State Advisory Board on Air Pollution – Former Member
- Virginia Administrative Law Advisory Committee – Former Member
- Attorney General’s Advisory Council on Domestic Violence – Former Member
- Henrico County Coalition Against Domestic Violence – Former Member, Board of Directors
- University of Richmond (J.D.)
- University of Virginia (M.A.P.A.)
- University of Virginia (B.A.)
Rate : $$$$