Theodore P. Stein’s practice focuses on the defense of fiduciaries in a variety of contexts: In the employee benefits field, he defends employers who serve as Plan Administrators, individual Trustees of employer-sponsored pension and welfare plans and service providers of group benefit plans.
Mr. Stein assists businesses, non-profits and their sponsored pension and health/welfare plans with compliance issues and litigation problems arising under ERISA, the federal regulatory statute for group benefit plans.
In a career that spans more than 30 years, Mr. Stein has won a reputation as one of the top trial lawyers in Maryland and the Washington, D.C. area. When litigation is threatened or filed, he defends with creative litigation strategies and a sensitivity to a client’s objectives.
Mr. Stein’s background shows a commitment to excellence: After achieving Honors with High Distinction at the University of Michigan, where he completed his B.A. degree, he ranked third in his class at The Catholic University Law School. There he served as Comment Editor of the Law Review before graduating with a Juris Doctor Degree.
Today, he writes a legal blog, Ted’s Tips, on cutting edge topics of interest to benefit plan administrators, plan sponsors, trustees, and plan advisors. His blog posts also discuss key areas of interest to executors of estates and trusts in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia, and in the employment law arena to employers in all three jurisdictions.
PUBLICATIONS : PMA Bulletin, How To Avoid Sexual Harassment Claims, February 2018 Edition
- Sexual Harassment Prevention & Remediation Workshop (Mar. 2018)
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Seminars at Quadrangle Management (Jan. 2018)
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Webinars (Dec. 2017 & Jan. 2018)
- Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Seminars at REGENXBIO, Inc. (Oct. 2017)
- J.D., Catholic University, Comment Editor, Law Review
- B.A., University of Michigan, Honors, High Distinction
- General Counsel – Garden of Remembrance Memorial Park, Clarksburg MD
- Contributing Author – ABA Employee Benefits Law Supplements
- Member – Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
Rate : $$$$