John “Jack” R. Merinar is the leader of the firm’s NLRA team. He got his introduction to labor law in the early 1990’s seeking injunctions of picket line misconduct and handling arbitrations. By the mid 1990’s he was advising employers through union campaigns and elections.
His experience with campaigns led Jack to develop a focus on advising employers how to avoid campaigns where possible. Over the years, Jack has gone on to tackle virtually every issue that can arise under the NLRA. He has negotiated difficult contracts and taken the lead in high profile campaigns.
He is often sought out by trade associations as a speaker on labor and employment issues. Jack also has considerable courtroom experience as a trial attorney defending employment law cases, defending resorts against personal injury cases, and defending newspapers against libel/defamation cases.
- Counseled numerous clients through union organizing efforts
- Negotiated or assisted clients in negotiating numerous collective bargaining agreements
- Represented many employers in labor arbitrations
- Represented many employers in unfair labor practice proceedings
- Counseled employers in the construction industry regarding picketing issues
- Represented many resorts in jury trials of personal injury cases
- Litigated cases before the Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission
- Represented a university in class action litigation following loss of accreditation
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University
- Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- American, Pennsylvania and West Virginia Bar Associations
- Board of Directors, Association of Ski Defense Attorneys
- Board of Directors, West Virginia Associated Builders and Contractors
- Board of Directors, Harrison County YMCA
- Past President and Board Member, HOPE, Inc.
- Member, Bridgeport, West Virginia Utility Board
Rate : $$$