John Kahn practices in the area of litigation. Mr. Kahn has experience with healthcare fraud and abuse claims; mortgage fraud claims; securities fraud claims; class action claims; and claims arising under employment and healthcare plans.
Mr. Kahn has experience in all phases of litigation, including the handling complex discovery issues, preparing and arguing motions in State and Federal Court, as well as trial experience in State and Federal Court. Mr. Kahn has also obtained favorable results through representation in mediation and arbitration.
- Obtained on behalf of Wells Fargo Bank an order granting summary judgment against the Luzerne County Tax Claim Bureau setting aside an improper judicial tax sale.
- Successfully prosecuted a Federal False Claims Act Qui Tam case resulting in a favorable settlement for the relator which included defending against a summary judgment motion brought by the defendant medical provider. Landau v. Lucasti, 680 F. Supp.2d 659 (2010).
- Co-chaired trial team which obtained defense verdict in a bench trial involving multi-million dollar breach of contract claims arising under a stock purchase agreement.
- Secured summary judgment for a third party administrator and a self-insured health and welfare benefits plan in defense of an ERISA claims for benefit lawsuit brought by an out-of-network medical provider.
- Argued appeal before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania which upheld a $500,000 judgment obtained on behalf of a Philadelphia law firm.
- Counseled and secured settlements on behalf of investment advisor registered representatives relative to investigations and enforcement actions initiated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, J.D., 2005
- Lafayette College, B.A., 1995
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Health Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Diversity Committee
- Garden State Bar Association
- President, October 2014-Oct. 2015
- Treasurer, October 2012-2013
- Board of Directors, October 2011-present
- Camden County Bar Association
- Board of Trustees
Rate : $$$$