John Patterson is a partner in the Sarasota office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. A former litigator and appellate lawyer, John regularly represents clients in commercial real estate, business, and financing matters in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, hotels and resorts, retail, marinas, personal storage, mobile home parks, construction, and real estate development.
John has held numerous leadership positions in the Sarasota community and The Florida Bar, having served as past director and president of The Florida Bar Foundation, former President of the Sarasota County Bar Association and three years on the Second District Court of Appeal Nominating Commission.
He has been consistently recognized for his pro bono efforts, most recently earning The Florida Bar Foundation President’s Award of Excellence and Community Youth Development Leadership Award.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Past President, The Florida Bar Foundation
- Past President, Sarasota County Bar Association
- The Twelfth Judicial Circuit Nominating Commission
- Florida Second District Court of Appeal Nominating Commission
- Board Member, Sarasota Tiger Bay Club
- Former Board of Governors, The Florida Bar
- Member, Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Access to and Delivery of Legal Services of Florida Commission on Access to Civil Justice
- University of Florida, J.D., 1969
- Duke University, B.A., 1966
Rate : $$$