Jon Karl Jurva concentrates his practice in corporate and securities matters. He focuses his practice on representing foundations, endowments, funds of funds and other institutional investors in making and exiting real estate, venture capital, private equity and hedge fund investments.
In addition, Jon represents general partners in the formation and operation of a variety of private investment funds and funds of funds. During his work with general partners and limited partners, he has advised clients on numerous matters relating to the operation of private investment funds, including key person events, management transitions and other significant events. Jon calls on his experience in representing both general partners and limited partners to help clients craft workable solutions to resolve such matters.
He also regularly advises private and public companies on mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
Jon has counseled a wide variety of start-up ventures through their initial organization and fundraising.
Clients appreciate Jon’s reasoned and pragmatic approach to guiding transactions to closing while closely protecting their interests.
Jon’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of a mezzanine fund in the formation of its third fund, which raised $558 million from investors that included domestic and international pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, consultants, and family offices.
- Continuing representation of a Chicago-based investment manager with respect to the formation of private equity funds of funds, including negotiations with a wide variety of public pension funds, and the ongoing operation of those funds of funds.
- Representation of investment professionals in the formation of a long-short equity hedge fund.
- Representation of institutional investors in connection with removal of a general partner of a private equity fund.
- Representation of institutional investors in secondary transactions.
- Representation of prominent institutional investors as limited partners in numerous domestic and international private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge fund investments.
- Representation of an investment manager in connection with registering with the SEC as an investment adviser.
- Representation of an investment adviser during an SEC compliance inspection and examination.
- Representation of a Washington, D.C.-based investment manager in the formation of a hedge fund.
- Representation of a public company in the distribution industry with respect to a series of acquisitions of competitors throughout the United States.
- Representation of a privately wine distributor in an acquisition of a beer distributor in Oregon from a publicly held company.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly traded company in the gaming industry in a $200 million acquisition of energy project assets.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1999
- Fulbright Scholar – Brazil, 1994
- University of Michigan, A.B., 1991
- American Bar Association, Institutional Investors Committee
Rate : $$$