Brad A. Resnikoff is a partner in the Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice. He counsels domestic and non-US financial institutions on banking and securities regulatory, enforcement, and strategic issues.
Brad has significant experience representing global financial institutions in cross-border enforcement proceedings relating to US economic (OFAC) sanctions, money laundering issues, tax fraud, and corrupt practices.
He also assists clients in conducting internal investigations, particularly related to the foregoing areas. In parallel, Brad also counsels clients on enhancing policies and procedures and compliance monitoring, performing risk assessments, employee training, and, where necessary, adopting appropriate remedial measures.
In addition, Brad counsels financial institutions on authority issues and activities restrictions, affiliate lending, registration and other issues arising under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and legislative and regulatory developments of significance.
He also has experience preparing regulatory applications and other filings in connection with acquisitions and corporate restructurings, including Bank Merger Act and interstate branch applications.
Brad was recently recognized as a “Rising Star” by IFLR1000 in the area of Financial Services Regulation. He joined the Washington DC office in 2010.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD
- American University, BA, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Assisted US financial institution in avoiding a public enforcement action threatened by its regulator through an internal investigation of improper lending practices and implementation of preventive and remedial measures.
- Represented major non-US bank in connection with an internal investigation and voluntary self-disclosure to OFAC of transactions involving Iran and Cuba.
- Represent leading European financial institution in corruption and anti-money laundering investigation involving mobile telecommunications industry.
- Represent leading European financial institution in corruption and anti-money laundering investigations involving world football (soccer) governing bodies.
- Represent leading European financial institution in corruption and anti-money laundering investigations involving Brazil state enterprises.
Rate : $$$