Jonathan Raven is a senior business counselor with legal, executive and Board experience in complicated organizations as well as law firms. He has the unique quality of being a skilled attorney who has also led his own teams, where outcomes combine legal and business acumen across disciplines, and over many years.
Jonathan has guided business leaders in strategically planning, implementing, and adapting their businesses to often unpredictable and rapidly changing environments. In addition to his work in private practice, he has served as General Counsel, President, Chief Executive, and Director of several private, public, and non-profit organizations.
Jonathan has specific industry and board experience in technology, intellectual property licensing, health care, retail, and supply chain, as well as in non-profit governance, public policy and legislative solutions. His skillset includes navigating both the complex legal and political landscapes to develop solutions for clients, and he is a registered lobby agent in Michigan.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1975)
- Western Michigan University (B.A., cum laude, 1972)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Sparrow Health System (Board Member, 1998 – present)
- Michigan Governor’s Franchise Law Working Group
- Extensive experience in private law practice and as general counsel in private and publicly-held companies.
- Served as Chief Operating Officer, President, General Counsel, and Chief Executive Officer of companies in multi-state health care, service and retail industries.
- Transition Team and Council of Economic Advisors, Mayor Virg Bernero
- Background in business planning, advising companies and professionals on varied regulatory and business challenges, buying and selling companies, franchising, turnarounds, negotiation of complex transactions; contracts and business litigation.
Rate : $$$$