Jorge U. Juantorena’s practice focuses on capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, bank finance, and corporate governance. He concentrates on cross-border transactions, principally in Latin America. Jorge joined the firm in 1992 and became a partner in 2000.
- Pemex in its international financing transactions, including its:
- establishment of various export financing program with the Export-Import Bank of the United States and related offerings;
- Ps. 17 billion offering of Cebures, the first offering corporate debt securities governed by Mexican law to clear through Euroclear;
- $6 billion debt offering, the largest ever by a Mexican company
- Operadora de Sites Mexicanos in its inaugural debt offering of Ps. 3.5 billion, among the first offerings to issue Mexican law corporate debt securities that clear through Euroclear and Clearstream, the international clearing systems.
- Nemak’s Rule 144A/Reg S $690.6 million global IPO.
- Comisión Federal de Electricidad in offering of Mexican Peso-denominated Cebures through Euroclear and Clearstream. This transaction was among the first offerings to issue Mexican law corporate debt securities that clear through these clearing systems. Also counsel to CFE in a $700 million Rule 144A/Reg S debt offering.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Cornell University, B.A., 1988
- New York
Rate : $$$$