Scott D. Rader serves as an associate in the real estate and land use department in the New York office of McGuireWoods. Scott focuses his practice on the financing of multifamily properties located throughout the United States through the Fannie Mae DUS and the Freddie Mac Seller-Servicer programs. He also represents portfolio lenders in the origination of bridge loans for multifamily properties that do not currently qualify for agency financing.
Scott has closed a variety of complex real estate matters through both the conventional and affordable mortgage loan programs involving preferred equity, tax exemptions/abatements, tax-deferred exchanges, manufactured housing and fractured condominium regimes.
Scott also has experience representing lending institutions, purchasers and sellers in connection with the acquisition, disposition and refinancing of condominium, cooperative and single-family homes.
- Representation of a Freddie Mac seller/servicer in connection with the origination of a $42 million mortgage loan involving preferred equity, a reverse 1031-exchange, tenant-in-common borrowers and a fractured condominium regime.
- Representation of a Freddie Mac seller/servicer in connection with the origination, several additions to, and expansions of a $75 million revolving credit facility.
- Representation of a Fannie Mae seller/servicer in connection with the origination of a $210 million portfolio of several cross-defaulted and cross-collateralized loans.
- Representation of an investment bank in connection with the origination of a three property $60 million moderate rehabilitation bridge loan.
- Representation of a Freddie Mac seller/servicer in connection with the origination of a $100 million portfolio of supplemental loans.
- New York Law School, JD, cum laude, 2012
- University of Maryland, BA, English, 2009
Admissions : New York
Affiliations : Member, New York County Lawyers’ Association
Rate : $$$