Described in Chambers USA as “an outstanding bankruptcy lawyer,” Jules S. Cohen represents banks and other lenders as secured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings in all types of businesses.
He has represented clients in notable bankruptcy proceedings, including, the billion dollar Chapter 11 case of Braniff Airlines, serving as the court appointed examiner of the Sheraton Twin Towers case, and representing a lender group with a $114 million secured claim in the Gencor Industries case.
In addition, Jules represents buyers of assets from bankruptcy cases and defendants in preference suits.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1962
- B.A., University of Florida, Political Science, 1959, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Business Bankruptcy Committee, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section and Bankruptcy Committee, Past Chair
Rate : $$$