Julie E. Nolan focuses on advancing the health care and tax policy interests of a diverse range of clients.Julie most recently served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Legislative Director to Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-PA). She advised Rep. Meehan, as a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, on health care issues and also directed legislative efforts on tax, financial services, judiciary and appropriations issues.
Julie also managed Rep. Meehan’s efforts as a member of the Tuesday Group, Republican Main Street Partnership Caucus and Problem Solvers Caucus. She regularly participated in a leadership-convened working group with other staff for members of the Ways and Means, Energy and Commerce, and Education and the Workforce committees to support advancement of House Republican Conference health care policy priorities.
She began her career in public service working as an aide to U.S. Sen. Richard G. Lugar (R-IN). Julie also worked as a policy advisor for another international law firm in Washington, D.C. She represented clients with health care interests that included Medicare and Medicaid delivery system reform, quality reporting and incentive programs, and payment policy before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies.
- More than a decade of public policy and advocacy experience, in particular in health care and tax.
- Developed and managed signature policy initiatives focused on combating the opioid epidemic, improving Medicare coverage and enrollment, modernizing the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute to promote adoption of alternative payment models, and ensuring appropriate Medicare payment through proper interpretation of statutory definitions.
- Member, Food & Friends.
- Member, Junior League of Washington.
- Member, Women in Government Relations.
- B.A., Denison University, 2005
Rate : $$$$