Michelle Scheffler is a solutions-oriented trial lawyer who counsels clients in complex commercial litigation matters. While Michelle’s practice focuses primarily on clients in the oil and gas industry, she also handles trial and appellate matters in a wide variety of fields involving contract disputes, property rights and business torts. Michelle regularly represents clients in multimillion-dollar lawsuits in both state and federal courts across the country.
In her oil and gas practice, Michelle represents major integrated oil and gas companies, privately-owned independents and equity investors in a wide range of matters including cases arising under operating agreements, lease termination disputes, royalty litigation, and complex title disputes. Michelle also provides pre-litigation counsel to her oil and gas clients, and advises on litigation risk for oil and gas transactions.
Additionally, during her time seconded to the commercial litigation group of one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies, Michelle gained not only subject-matter experience, but unique insight into in-house counsel and business concerns, making her a more effective advocate for her clients.
Michelle takes a common-sense, business-oriented approach to each case whether it requires a strongly-negotiated settlement, or the aggressive defense or prosecution of her client’s claims. Her experience continues to be recognized by clients and colleagues.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2006, magna cum laude; Order of the Barons; Notes and Comments Editor, Houston Law Review
- B.S., University of Houston, 2003, summa cum laude; Dean’s list
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2006
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$