Justin D. Clark returned to Stoll Keenon Ogden Louisville office as Counsel to the Firm in 2018 following his service to the Commonwealth of Kentucky as General Counsel for the Cabinet of Health and Family Services.
He credits his rural, small-town upbringing, and the common sense that instilled in him, for his ability to achieve major wins for clients involved in complex business disputes and litigation. He has a calm, focused manner that allows him to hone in quickly on the critical piece of a case that can lead to a favorable resolution.
Insurance Services: Justin has represented insurers and policyholders alike in a wide spectrum of insurance matters, including complex regulatory issues, coverage disputes, defense of bad faith claims, personal injury defense, and professional negligence. As testament to his expertise in this practice area, Justin has been appointed as Special Justice to the Kentucky Supreme Court to hear and decide the matter of a wrongful death action case involving issues of first impression.
Appellate: Justin has done extensive appellate work at the state and federal level, and his arguments have been cited by and consistently relied upon by federal courts. He has handled cases mainly on behalf of commercial clients, but has also successfully prepared comments for individuals and government entities.
Business Litigation: Acting as a lead counsel and legal advisor, Justin covers a broad range of litigation areas, including construction law, environmental law, and antitrust law. In the courtroom and at the negotiation table, Justin has delivered results that have included multimillion-dollar awards.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2002, J.D.
- Western Kentucky University 1999, B.A.
- United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society
- Commissioner, Kentucky Boxing & Wrestling Commission (2016 – 2017)
- Member, Leadership Louisville’s “Bingham Fellows” Class of 2009 Member
- Leadership Louisville’s “Ignite Louisville” Class of 2006
- American Inn of Court, Brandeis Chapter
- Kentucky Law Journal Association, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$