K. Anderson has extensive experience preparing and negotiating technology and intellectual property-focused transactions, as well as technology aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other complex commercial transactions.
A registered patent attorney, Mr. Anderson also conducts patent prosecution, due diligence for licensing, and acquisitions, technology agreements, strategic planning, patent prosecution, trade secrets, employment mobility, and related operational legal issues.
Prior to private practice, Lance served for over ten years as in-house counsel and lead intellectual property attorney for both a large public research university system and an early stage venture capital company, overseeing all facets of intellectual property development, management, and transactions.
His experience and background contribute to skill sets applicable to technology transfer and emerging technology, high-tech, health-IT, agricultural biotechnology, pharmaceuticals/life sciences, consumer products, oil & gas, and renewable energy.
Lance represents clients within the innovation and research enterprise including R&D, clinical and regulatory matters, strategic collaborations, CRADA’s, manufacturing, distribution, engineering services, institutional technology transfer, confidentiality and materials exchange, and related alliances.
In addition to representing clients on intellectual property issues, he has been involved in many aspects of corporate law, operations, financing and litigation ranging from start-up and early stage companies to mature market leaders.
- Texas Tech University,B.S., Entomology, 1997magna cum laude
- Texas Tech University, M.S., Crop Science, 2000
- Texas Tech University School of Law,J.D., 2000
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Judge, LaunchU Business Plan Competition, Oberlin College, 2015
- Member, Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
Rate : $$$