Ms. Karen A. Giannelli concentrates her practice in the areas of financial restructuring, debtor/creditors’ rights, and related insolvency law matters, including, among numerous other matters and services over more than 30 years of practice:
- Representing the chapter 11 trustee in jointly administered complex business bankruptcy cases filed in the District of Delaware, involving more than 150 debtors
- Handling creditors’ rights issues for various clients, including a multinational Fortune 500 company
- Counseling clients regarding their rights and obligations under federal and state insolvency laws
- Formulating reorganization plans and other financial restructuring solutions as appropriate for debtor/fiduciary clients in formal or informal insolvency proceedings
- Counsel to chapter 11 debtor in asbestos bankruptcy case handling formulation of reorganization plan incorporating Section 524 channeling injunction.
- Counsel to post-confirmation trustee of liquidating trusts created under complex joint plan of liquidation for conglomerate involving widely dispersed real estate holdings and technology companies.
- Counsel to Official Creditors’ Committee which successfully negotiated a global settlement for unsecured creditors initially offered a “zero” distribution.
- Counsel to leading financial institution as creditor of residential mortgage lender in chapter 11 seeking authority to sell more than 20,000 loans serviced by our client.
- Counsel to major insurance company in rehabilitation/liquidation proceedings, responsible for handling restructure of bond debt through prepackaged chapter 11 cases and sale of remaining insurance assets in state court insolvency case.
- Counsel to multinational Fortune 500 company providing creditors’ rights advice related to business transactions having insolvency-related issues.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D.)
- Tufts University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Recipient, Laminan Prize in Romance Languages
- Skidmore College (1971-1972)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Board of Directors (2016-2020)
- Third Circuit Regent (2012-2016)
- Member, Third Circuit Screening Committee (2011-2012; 2003-2007)
- Member, Archives Committee (2010-2012)
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, 2015
- Annual Conference Planning Committee
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring Affinity Group
- Third Circuit Merit Selection Committee for United States Bankruptcy Court Judgeships (2015; 2014; 2006; 2001)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (1999-present)
Rate : $$$$