Faye Gordon has been a resident of Brazoria County since 1977, and was a schoolteacher with the Brazosport Independent School District from 1978-1985.
Faye Gordon received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Jarvis Christian College and began teaching at the Brazosport Independent School District in 1977. She earned a Master’s of Public Administration from Texas Southern University in 1982. In 1988 she obtained a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law. She was Comment’s Editor for the Thurgood Marshall Law Review.
Faye has been practicing law in Brazoria County since 1989. She interned with the Brazoria County District Attorney’s office and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
She served as president of the Brazoria County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association in 1995; the Brazoria County Women’s Bar in 1996; and Board of Directors for the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association.
She is licensed by the State Bar of Texas and The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. She has remained active in civic organizations serving on the board of directors of: The Angleton Greater Chamber of Commerce; The Brazoria County Women’s Center; and The Brazoria Chapter of the American Red Cross; Brazoria County Food Pantry; the United Way of Brazoria County and Campus Advisory Frontier Elementary.
She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority a National as well as International Public Service Organization.
She has been married 40 years to Terry D. Gordon, a retired employee of Dow Chemical and community civic leader. They have two adult children.
The Gordons are active members of First Missionary Baptist Church in Angleton, Texas.
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2000
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas, J.D. – 1988
- Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas, Masters Degree – 1982
- Jarvis Christian College, Hawkins, Texas, Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist
- Texas Gulf Coast Family Law Specialist
- Brazoria County Headstart, Board of Directors, 2004 – Present
- Boys and Girls Club of Brazoria County, Board of Directors, 2004 – Present
- Greater Angleton Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Brazoria County Bar Association, Member
- Brazoria County Womens Center, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$