Karie Valentino is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Long-Term Care & Elder Law, Healthcare, and Medical Malpractice Practices. She has engaged in numerous arbitrations and mediations and successfully tried to verdict multiple medical malpractice cases on behalf of physicians, nurses and hospitals, long term care facilities and its employees.
- The John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 1996
- University of Iowa, 1993
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- President of The Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- The Society of Trial Lawyers
- Ex Officio of The John Marshall Law School Alumni Association
Ms. Valentino has conducted multiple seminars with local hospitals for their staff, including nurses, for their continuing education requirements which address various medical legal issues. The seminar topics include: ”Your Documentation: Does It Tell the Story?”; “The Legal Capacity to Give Consent”; “Know the Facts About Guardianship, Healthcare Surrogate Act and Healthcare Power of Attorney”; “The Facts About Power of Attorney for Healthcare”; and “Medical Malpractice Lawsuits- Analysis and Prevention”, and conducted grand rounds lecturing on medical malpractice lawsuits-analysis and prevention.
Rate : $$$