Karine Wenger serves as corporate immigration counsel to a wide range of clients, from small domestic entities to large multinational corporations in varying industries. She manages a growing legal team of attorneys and paralegals that provide cutting-edge immigration solutions to corporate clients and counsels them on all matters of U.S. immigration and nationality law, regulation, policy and compliance.
Karine immigrated from France in the 1980s and has practiced exclusively in the field of U.S. corporate immigration and nationality law for over 12 years. While in law school, Karine received the Grotius Award for Academic Excellence in International Law and was also on the Dean’s list honors. She was a member of the Jessup International Moot Court team and after graduation was awarded an International Advocacy Fellowship.
Karine’s pro bono work is extensive, having: provided legal counseling to the Center for Community Solutions, Healing & Preventing Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence, to ascertain whether VAWA cases could be filed; represented clients for Casa Cornelia, a non-profit organization in San Diego, California, that provides legal services to women and children who have been the victims of abuse and who qualify for immigration benefits to remain in the U.S.
Karine speaks English, Spanish and French.
- Represents global leaders in the telecommunication industry, creating and implementing immigration programs customized to their specific needs, and managing them in a streamlined and cost-effective manner
- Provides innovative solutions and legal guidance in all aspects of employment-based immigration ranging from nonimmigrant issues to obtaining permanent residency
- Assists start-up and small international businesses in strategizing and facilitating the employment of foreign personnel through L-1 intra company transfers and establishing E-1 and E-2 registration at U.S. consulates around the world
- Manages immigration programs on behalf of companies in the hospitality, entertainment, shipbuilding, manufacturing, and biotechnology industries in all aspects of securing immigrant and nonimmigrant visas
- Golden Gate University School of Law | J.D., 1998
- University of California, San Diego | B.A., 1994
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Member, San Diego Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Advisor Emeriti, International Law section of the State Bar of California
- Editorial Board of the California International Law Journal
- Past AILA Chair and Executive Committee member, San Diego Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee member, International Law section of the State Bar of California
- Board of Directors for the San Diego French-American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Otay Mesa Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$