Karyn Koiffman represents private equity funds, private companies and public corporations in domestic and cross-border middle market deals. Karyn’s practice focuses on acquisitions and divestitures, including leveraged buyout transactions, follow-on acquisitions, mergers, and stock and asset transactions.
Related to her M&A practice, Karyn also handles joint venture arrangements, minority investments, recapitalizations, financing agreements, related equity arrangements, as well as expansions and other commercial transactions. Karyn also counsels clients on general corporate and contractual related matters.
Karyn leverages her prior experience of 14 years in transactional practices at international law firms in the United States, as well as four years of practice in the São Paulo office of a Brazilian law firm, in all client matters. Karyn is also active in the firm’s Latin America and Caribbean practice.
Notable Work :
- Private Equity and Other Investor Representation: Regularly represents private equity firms and other investors in leveraged buyouts, follow-on acquisitions, sales, recapitalizations, and related corporate matters.
- Cross-Border Representation: Regularly represents U.S. multinationals and private equity firms on transactions in Latin America and Latin American clients on transactions in the United States, including joint ventures, partnership arrangements, acquisitions and divestitures, and general commercial and corporate matters.
- Commercial Agreements: Regularly represents U.S.- and international-based clients on New York-law-governed commercial agreements, including services agreements, real estate, and construction agreements.
- LL.M., University of Michigan Law School, 2003
- LL.B., Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 1998
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; New York; Brazil
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee and Secretary of the Board of Directors
- IBRADEMP, New York Chapter, Brazilian Institute of Business Law
- ABRACE, Brazilian Association of Culture and Education, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$