Kathryn Johnstone is a member of the Firm’s Global Real Estate Practice Group in New York. Her primary focus is in commercial real estate transactions. Ms. Johnstone advises clients on legal matters relevant to commercial real estate projects, including acquisitions, development, financings, leasing and dispositions of commercial, industrial, warehouse, retail and hotel properties and vacant land.
She has ample experience in commercial leasing, retail and office developments, and real estate finance, including lot option financing. She also has developed her practice on representation of clients in infrastructure projects and the energy and renewables industry.
Ms. Johnstone’s work has primarily involved commercial real estate transactions including real estate purchases and dispositions, leasing and real estate finance. She has experience managing the commercial real estate portfolios of national and global companies with locations throughout the US and around the world.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (2005)
- Georgetown University (B.A.) (2001)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2005)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Shedd Aquarium – Auxiliary Board Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a US-based telecommunications company in connection with leasing of its new 500,000 sq. ft. California headquarters.
- Representing a US-based pharmaceutical company in the development, construction and leasing of its 500,000 sq. ft. California campus.
- Represented an international premium school operator in the sale leaseback, leasing, and development of international K-12 schools in Illinois, Texas, Florida, and the District of Columbia.
- Representing US and international companies in the management of their global real estate portfolios.
- Representing a religious organization in the development of global, high value special construction projects.
Rate : $$$