Peter Webster focuses his practice in the areas of Real Estate Litigation, Eminent Domain, and Commercial & Business Litigation. Mr. Webster has represented landowners and developers, governmental authorities, utility, transmission, and pipeline companies, educational entities and others in matters involving acquisitions, easements and rights of way condemnation under eminent domain, permit and development rights and the protection of property rights.
Mr. Webster’s practice also focuses on Schools and Educational Institutions. He has successfully counseled the startup of many charter schools, including the Public School Academies of Detroit, initiated by the Thompson Educational Foundation and the nationally innovative Clara B. Ford strict discipline academy and Vista Meadows public school academy in collaboration with the Vista Maria organization.
Mr. Webster also handles all matters relating to public service and utility infrastructure including litigation, class action defense, operating agreements, governance, and acquisition agreements.
- United States Merchant Marine Academy, B.S., 1987
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1993
- State Bar of Michigan Foundation, Life Fellow
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property, Litigation, Antitrust, and Trade Regulation Sections
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Section, Eminent Domain Committee, Co-Chairperson
- State Bar of Michigan, Standing Committee on Civil Procedure and the Courts, 2005-present
- American Bar Association, State and Local Government, Section Condemnation Committee, Former Vice Chairperson
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
Rate : $$$