Kathy A. Jorrie handles high-stakes intellectual property and entertainment matters. She has been recognized as among the best in her field by the Daily Journal and Los Angeles Business Journal. Kathy’s practice includes domestic and international transactional and litigation work, primarily in business and entertainment matters.
She has been lead counsel in a number of successful jury trials; has successfully defeated class certification motions; and has been instrumental in resolving commercial disputes for clients.
Kathy also handles many trademark infringement matters for clients, including live entertainment promoters, motion picture and television producers, a major motion picture studio, a television satellite platform, and cosmetics manufacturers.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Negotiated tour/Vegas residency agreements for Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Paul McCartney, Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Prince, KISS, The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Celine Dion, Katy Perry, Kanye West and many others.
- Negotiated agreements in connection with well-known music festivals including Coachella, Desert Trip and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, as well as agreements associated with various museum touring exhibitions.
- Crafted television distribution agreements with various cable operators, film distribution agreements, co-production and joint venture agreements, television sports acquisition agreements, including agreements with FIFA, related to the World Cup.
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1985
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
ADMISSIONS : California
COURTS : U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Rate : $$$$