Mr. Ken Weinberg is a shareholder in the Firm’s Birmingham office and has experience with many types of equipment and facilities. Ken Weinberg represents bank-affiliated, captive and independent finance companies in almost all aspects of equipment leasing and finance transactions.
A key component of his practice also includes his representation of lenders, investors, borrowers, and developers in connection with recourse and non-recourse construction and term loan project financing transactions, leases and other types of financings related to energy facilities across the country, including biomass facilities, landfill-gas-to-energy projects, solar facilities and natural-gas-fired plants.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1999, cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1996, magna cum laude
Representative Matters :
- Represented lenders or borrowers in numerous non-recourse project financing transactions involving energy generation facilities, having an aggregate value in excess of $1 billion, including anaerobic digester, landfill gas-to-energy, co-generation and natural-gas-fired turbine projects located throughout the country.
- Prepared comprehensive lien perfection policies for multiple bank-affiliated equipment leasing and finance companies and a large, nationally known captive finance company.
- Served as U.S. counsel in connection with a $148 million financing transaction relating to the acquisition of mining equipment for use in Latin America.
- Represented lender in connection with a construction-to-term-loan facility for a $62.5 million landfill gas-to-electricity facility in California.
Rate : $$$