Mr. Thompson is a seasoned business litigator with over 20 years of experience representing and advising corporate, government, non-profit, entertainment and individual clients in a variety of practice areas, including complex commercial disputes, technology and intellectual property matters, franchising/licensing disputes, employment practices, tort and products liability and medical malpractice.
Before FisherBroyles, Mr. Thompson was General Counsel of a global software solutions provider with over 9000 customers in over 100 countries, advising its executive leadership team regarding litigation, corporate governance, intellectual property, employment practices and general corporate matters, and previously served as its Chief Litigation Counsel managing the company’s global litigation activity.
Mr. Thompson was also Of Counsel with Carlton Fields LLP in the Business Litigation & Trade Regulation, Franchise & Distribution, and Products & Toxic Tort Liability practice groups. He has also been a Senior Associate with Troutman Sanders LLP in the Complex Litigation and Torts/Products Liability practice groups.
Mr. Thompson began his legal career as a Judge Advocate in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, where he represented the Department of the Army in legal proceedings before the Merit Systems Protection Board and Equal Opportunity Commission, and advised senior military commanders regarding employment and personnel matters, tort liability and risk management issues and labor/employment disputes.
During his career, Mr. Thompson has achieved numerous significant legal results on behalf of his clients, including:
- Obtaining a complete defense verdict on behalf of a pediatric medical practice against claims of employment discrimination brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of an industrial products manufacturer in a breach of contract dispute in federal court in Louisiana.
- Successfully represented national restaurant and hospitality franchisors in numerous breach of contract and intellectual property infringement disputes throughout the country.
- Successfully represented prominent movie and television producers in breach of contract and intellectual property disputes.
- He regularly appears in federal and state courts and handles mediations and arbitrations throughout the country.
Mr. Thompson has been recognized by National Black Lawyers – Top 100 and serves on the board of REMERGE, Inc.
Rate : $$$