Kevin Peter serves as Co-Chair of Locke Lord’s Corporate Practice Group. He has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers in various forms of merger and acquisition transactions, public and private, strategic and financial.
Much of Kevin’s practice is focused in the energy industry, particularly oilfield services, energy technologies and upstream and midstream assets. His practice also includes representing private equity and mezzanine debt funds in their investment transactions, as well as target companies and management groups in negotiating acquisition and financing transactions with private equity investors and lenders.
In addition, Kevin represents issuers, underwriters, and investors in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, lenders and borrowers in senior, mezzanine, and subordinated debt financing transactions, and various clients in connection with general commercial and/or contractual matters, including business structuring and planning and joint venture arrangements.
- Represented Saddle Butte Rockies Midstream, LLC and affiliates in its announced $625 million acquisition by Black Diamond Gathering, LLC, a newly formed joint venture by Noble Midstream Partners LP and Greenfield Midstream, LLC
- Represented Martin Midstream Partners L.P. in its $135 million acquisition of a 20% interest in West Texas LPG Pipeline L.P. from Atlas Pipeline Partners
- Represented C&J Energy Services, Inc. in its $272.5 million acquisition of Casedhole Holdings, Inc., a provider of cased-hole wireline and complementary services
- Represented Crestwood Midstream Partners LP in its $338 million acquisition of midstream assets from Frontier Gas Services, LLC
- Represented privately held distributor of oilfield tools and products in $500 million sale to international oilfield product and service supplier
- Represented private equity investors in $100 million Series A financing of target company specializing in the manufacturing and marketing of biodiesel fuel and biodiesel plant construction
- Represented publicly traded oilfield service company in a joint venture transaction to develop and commercialize water treatment and disposal technologies for produced water in drilling operations
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas (1991)
- Accountant, KPMG LLP (1989 – 1992)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Past Chairman, Mergers & Acquisitions Section, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Bar Association, Committees on Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity and Venture Capital
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 1995
- B.B.A., cum laude, Texas A&M University, 1989
Admissions : Texas, 1995
Rate : $$$