Kevin M. Wallace is developing a litigation and transactional practice focused on trademark and copyright law. Kevin is a member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS).
While in law school, Kevin served as the editor-in-chief of both the St. John’s Law Review and the Journal for Catholic Legal Studies. Upon graduation, Kevin received the Chief Judge Edward B. Rea Award for his outstanding scholarship and service to the law school.
- Advises a digital media company on the release of new website verticals and mobile products. Also advises on trademark issues such as product names, potential copyright issues and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations.
- Advised an internet security software company on native advertising, including FTC and self-regulatory issues involving consumer notice and disclosure. Also advised on trademark issues as well as potential litigation risks for native advertising and customer support service issues.
- Continually assists digital media companies on issues involving the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), including enforcing clients’ copyrights by sending cease-and-desist letters and takedown notices under the DMCA.
- Represents a global fashion brand in anticounterfeiting matters, including litigation for willful infringement in the Southern District of New York.
- Advises a global fashion designer on anticounterfeiting and trademark and copyright enforcement matters.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Queens County Catholic Lawyers’ Guild
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2014, cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, St. John’s Law Review; Editor-in-Chief, Journal for Catholic Legal Studies
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 2011, cum laude
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, New York, 2015.
Rate : $$$