A commercial and business litigator, Kimberly Lopez Narbona appears on behalf of clients in courts across the state of Florida and in U.S. district courts across the nation. She prosecutes and defends claims for trademark infringement, deceptive business practices, fraud, antitrust, tort, and contract claims.
Serving a diverse client base, Kimberly represents banks, lenders, asset management organizations, and other segments of the financial services industry. She has prosecuted claims and collected assets on multimillion dollar defaulted debts.
Kimberly also defends claims arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
In her broader practice, Kim represents insurance carriers, employer-sponsored benefit plans, claims and plan administrators in avoiding multiple liability for plan benefits.
She has navigated complex labor and employment disputes pertaining to wage and hour matters and claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2008, cum laude, Journal of Technology Law and Policy, Editor-in-Chief; Entertainment Law Review, Assistant Managing Editor
- M.A., University of Florida, 2008
- B.S., University of Florida, 2004, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Representative Experience :
- Representation of cigar manufacturer in federal jury trial for $70 million antitrust and related tort and contract claims in the Central District of California
- Representation of Fortune 500 company against trademark infringement and unfair and deceptive trade practices claims
- Representation of restaurant chain in action involving trademark infringement and related tort claims brought in the Complex Litigation division of Orange County, Florida
- Representation of international coffee company in the Western District of Wisconsin in supplier dispute involving damages in excess of $2 million
- Representation of global asset management company on securitized loan transaction in excess of $35 million
- Representation of financial institution enforcing loan documents against foreign investors on loans in excess of $1 million in connection with distressed real estate and enforcement of said judgments abroad
- Representation of commercial lender in various multi-million dollar commercial foreclosures, receiverships and loan workouts and collecting upon a wide array of collateral including office buildings, restaurants, medical equipment and accounts receivable
- Representation of home builder in obtaining all attorneys’ fees and costs for misconduct of the opposing party and successful defense of trial court order on appeal
- Prospera, formerly known as the Hispanic Business Initiative Fund, Regional Board Member
- Connect DTO, Inaugural Leadership Class of the Downtown Orlando Partnership
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Deputy Regional President
- Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida, Past President; Past Young Lawyers Section Chair; Past Fundraising Chair
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- University of Florida Association of Hispanic Alumni, President
Rate : $$$$