Lenders, including banks, financing firms and investment funds, seek Kristopher P. Henman’s counsel in foreign and domestic commercial financing transactions for a broad range of industries, with a particular focus on technology, venture capital, private equity and sponsor financing.
Kris’ clients include national, regional and community banks; public and private financing firms; and other investment funds, advisors and managers. He advises them in transactions involving a variety of structures including syndicated, mezzanine, club, sponsor, senior secured and unsecured, asset-based, growth capital, life sciences, capital call, and management line financings.
His work involves both domestic and international transactions and multiple currency loans, including secured financing in the Cayman Islands, Asia, the Middle East, North America and Europe.
In 15 years of practice, Kris has helped structure financing deals for a broad range of borrowers, including companies in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics, and healthcare technologies industries; early-, mid- and late-stage technology companies; high net worth individuals; public and private corporations; healthcare providers; real estate investment funds; venture capital funds; and other private equity funding entities.
Kris also has experience in loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy, creditor’s rights, and a variety of asset-based lending transactions, including those secured by government accounts, real estate, intellectual property, equipment and capital calls.
Representative Matters :
- Represented co-lenders in a $10 million term loan to a medical device manufacturer.
- Represented a lender in a $10 million loan to a search fund.
- Represented a secured lender in a capital call line of credit to a series of funds including Cayman and Luxembourg feeders.
- Represented a lender in a growth capital facility and accounts receivable line of credit to U.S., Hong Kong and Dutch borrowers.
- Represented a secured lender in a $6 million term loan and a $10 million accounts receivable and purchase order line of credit.
- Represented a secured lender in a $6 million term loan and a $10 million accounts receivable and inventory line of credit to an electronics company.
- Represented a secured lender in a foreclosure on the intellectual property and equipment of a tech company.
- Represented a secured lender in a series of bridge loans guaranteed by various venture capital investors and secured by funds pledged by additional venture capital investors.
Professional and Community Involvement : Virginia Bar Association
Professional Experience : Law Clerk for the Honorable Jackson L. Kiser, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2004-2005
- George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2004
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$