Kristy L. Peters represents and counsels employers regarding all types of labor and employment matters arising under federal and state laws, including : Discrimination issues, Restrictive covenants, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
Kristy appears in courts in Arizona and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and National Labor Relations Board. She also drafts employer policies and handbooks, conducts employee training, and implements workforce audits. Some of Kristy’s notable decisions include the following :
- Obtained a temporary restraining order against a former employee and her new employer for violation of a non-solicitation agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Prevailed on summary judgment against former employee alleging wrongful termination under the Arizona Employment Protection Act and defamation.
- Summary judgment affirmed by the Ninth Circuit in multiple cases alleging discrimination as well as violation of other state and federal laws.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2006
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Lawyer Representative, 9th Circuit, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, October 2018-August 2021
- President, former Vice President, former Treasurer and former Secretary, Federal Bar Association, Phoenix Chapter, 2013-present
- Member, Arizona Women Lawyer’s Association
- Member, Law and Legislative Action Committee, SHRM of Greater Phoenix (SHRMGP)
- Member, CLE Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Board of Directors, Arizona Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Rate : $$$