Larry P. Laubach focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and securities matters for public and private companies in a wide variety of industries. He serves as chair of the Corporate Law Practice Group and also serves as vice chair of the firm’s Business Law Department.
Larry has extensive experience in acquisition transactions, including mergers involving public and private companies, stock acquisitions and divestitures, and asset purchases and sales. He also has significant experience in venture capital and other minority investments, private placements, limited partner investments in private funds, senior and mezzanine financings, corporate governance matters, and general corporate and contractual matters.
He represents large and middle market companies, strategic and financial buyers and sellers, and family office and other institutional investors. Larry is active in bar associations.
He is a member of the Title 15 Taskforce of the Business Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, which recommends changes to the corporation, partnership, and related laws of Pennsylvania. Larry has also lectured to several groups on mergers and acquisitions.
Larry earned his Bachelor of Arts in accounting from Franklin & Marshall College, magna cum laude, in 1977, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania,magna cum laude, in 1980, where he was an editor of the Penn Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Handled the sale of firm client John Middleton, Inc., a Philadelphia-area cigar and pipe tobacco manufacturer whose brands included “Black & Mild” and “Prince Albert,” to Altria Group, Inc. for $2.9 billion, in one of the largest transactions ever handled by a Philadelphia law firm.
- Represented Sony Corporation of America in its acquisition of Micronics, Inc., a developer of near patient point of care devices for disease diagnosis and treatment monitoring.
- Represented Sony Corporation of America in its acquisition of iCyt Mission Technology, Inc., a leading producer of high-performance cell sorters used for stem cell and disease research.
- Represented Utz Quality Foods, Inc. in its purchase of the intellectual property (including the “Bachman” and “Jax” brands), distribution rights and certain other assets of The Bachman Company, a manufacturer of pretzels and cheese curls.
- Represented Sony Corporation of America in its purchase of the U.S. CD and DVD replication distribution operations of Entertainment Distribution Company for $26 million.
- Represented cigar manufacturer Drew Estate LLC and its affiliates in their sale to Swisher International, Inc., a manufacturer of mass market cigars. The sale included all of Drew Estate’s premium cigar brands, including ACID and Liga Privada, and the largest cigar factory in Nicaragua.
- Represented Sony Electronics Inc. in connection with the corporate, tax, and certain benefits aspects of its acquisition of Crispin Corporation, which develops master control automation and asset management solution for broadcasters, cable operators, and other television and media operations.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1980
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
Rate : $$$$