Lawrence M. Kraus is a partner and litigation attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he focuses on complex health care, False Claims Act, civil, commercial, and real estate litigation. Mr. Kraus is co-chair of the firm’s Health Care Litigation Practice.
He is also a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice, Government Enforcement Defense & Investigations Practice, and the Health Care and Technology Industry Teams.
Mr. Kraus counsels corporations and individuals in a wide range of industries. He has represented clients in federal and state trial and appellate courts, arbitrations, and other modes of alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Kraus’s health care litigation experience includes a wide variety of matters, including defense of Federal False Claims Act actions involving health care entities; managed care disputes; physician-tiering plans; peer review proceedings and medical staff issues; physician group practice disputes; and proceedings before medical licensing boards.
Prior to joining Foley, Mr. Kraus was a member of the firm Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
In addition, Mr. Kraus’s diverse litigation experience includes representation of:
- Public and private entities in actions brought under the Federal False Claims Act, including a nationwide oxygen services provider; a quasi-public state agency; a major defense corporation; a prominent health insurer; a nationwide oxygen services provider, and a national ambulance services company
- Publicly traded and privately held corporations in a variety of contract, business tort, derivative and securities litigation
- Real estate developers, landlords, and tenants in complex real estate disputes
- Individuals under investigation by the United States Department of Justice for alleged health care related criminal violations
- Individuals involved in limited partnership and close corporation disputes
- Parties in sophisticated employment matters, including non-competition and trade secret actions and injunctions
Mr. Kraus graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School (J.D., 1993), where his team won the 1992 Ames Moot Court competition. He also holds a B.A. from Brandeis University (magna cum laude, 1984), with a dual major in Islamic and Middle Eastern studies and sociology.
Admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts, Mr. Kraus is also permitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Rate : $$$