Lee Brand is a commercial litigator with experience representing technology companies and financial institutions in antitrust and securities matters. Lee’s practice includes international cartel litigation, consumer and shareholder class actions, high-stakes contract disputes, and government and internal investigations.
He has handled matters in federal courts across the country, California state courts, and various arbitral settings. His clients range from Fortune 100 companies to startups.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represent American manufacturer of capacitors and inductors in antitrust class actions and direct actions alleging conspiracies to fix prices.
- Represent Bay Area travel booking website and app in class action alleging violations of California’s consumer protection laws.
- Represented underwriting syndicate of nine major financial institutions in state and federal shareholder class actions relating to billion-dollar fintech IPO.
- Represented Chinese e-commerce platform in state and federal shareholder class actions and related SEC investigation.
- Represented former CFO of Bay Area computer networking company in internal investigation regarding revenue recognition practices and related shareholder and derivative actions.
- Represented Bay Area consumer electronics company in ICC arbitration regarding component supplier’s assertion of Chinese patents and in related federal action to compel arbitration.
- Represented American biotech company in ICDR arbitration with multinational pharmaceutical company regarding failure to develop licensed pharmaceutical product.
- American Bar Association
- California Lawyers Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2012
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, College of Arts & Sciences, 2005
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$