Lee G. Hammer has more than 10 years of experience representing and counseling national lending institutions, multinational and national corporations, regional and local banks, small businesses, and individual clients in all phases of business and commercial litigation, both in state and federal court, including U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
As an attorney at McGuireWoods LLP, he defends national banks and their subsidiaries against lender liability suits, including wrongful foreclosure actions and TILA and RESPA violations.
Lee has extensive experience handling intellectual property disputes, including trademark, copyright, and trade dress, as well as employment and product liability cases. He has drafted and responded to pleadings, discovery requests and dispositive motions. He also has extensive deposition and trial preparation experience.
Lee was a recipient of the CALI Excellence For the Future Awards in Constitutional Law and Professional Responsibility. While at Southwestern Law School he was the recipient of numerous academic scholarships.
- Representation of national mortgage lenders, their subsidiaries, and affiliated investors in mortgage and real estate related litigation, which includes TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, HAMP, fraud, contract breach claims and all other issues related to mortgage and real estate litigation.
- Representation of national retail department stores, nursing homes, and other businesses in employment related litigation, including wrongful termination, wage-hour disputes, and discrimination.
- Representation of microchip developer against venture capital company for breach of joint venture agreement and fraud.
- Representation of intellectual property companies in copyright, trademark and trade dress in federal and state litigation.
- Representation of large multinational lending institutions in secured transactions and commercial litigation.
- Southwestern Law School, JD, Dean’s List, Member, Southwestern University Law Review, 2001
- American University, MA, American Politics and Policy, 1995
- University of California Los Angeles, BA, Political Science, 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Association
Rate : $$$$