Leianne McEvoy is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Baltimore office. She has experience defending clients in personal injury, medical malpractice, and complex litigation cases before state and federal courts. Her practice encompasses medical malpractice, products liability defense, premises liability, and mass tort litigation.
In medical malpractice, her work includes both catastrophic and non-catastrophic injuries and has covered virtually every area of medicine, including obstetrics, gynecology, intensive care, general surgery, neurology, anesthesiology, gastroenterology, pediatrics, nursing care, infectious disease, neonatal intensive care, urogynecology, pelvic organ repair and cardiology. She also provides general liability and premises liability representation for a tertiary care center.
- University of Baltimore, JD, magna cum laude (2006)
- Florida Atlantic University, BA (1998)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Has had responsibility for all phases of the litigation process, including pre-trial, trial, and appellate work
- Recent case results include securing a defense verdict in favor of a hospital in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City after a multi-week jury trial
- American Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- National Bar Association
Rate : $$$