Leo Caseria is a partner in the Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in the Los Angeles office of Sheppard Mullin. Mr. Caseria’s practice focuses on advising companies on antitrust issues arising in connection with mergers, acquisitions, technology transactions, licensing agreements, and also in connection with civil litigation.
He regularly advises companies regarding the requirements under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act, and has prepared numerous HSR filings. Mr. Caseria has also represented clients before the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission in connection with government antitrust investigations. He has also litigated a wide variety of antitrust cases in federal and state courts including price-fixing, market allocation, boycott, monopolization, and attempted monopolization cases.
Mr. Caseria serves as Co-Chair of the Books & Treatises Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law. Mr. Caseria frequently edits or contributes to the Section’s antitrust handbooks, and has also authored articles for SCOTUSblog and the New York Law Journal.
- J.D., Columbia University, 2005, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Defending telescope manufacturer against Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 claims and Clayton Act Section 7 claims. All claims dismissed. Optronic Technologies, Inc. v. Ningbo Sunny Electronic Co., Ltd., Case No. 16-6370 (N.D. Cal. Order dated Sept. 28, 2017).
- Defended The Reynolds and Reynolds Company against claims relating to data management system access. Data Software Services, LLC v. The Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Case No. 17-1347 (C.D. Cal.)
- Defended Samsung SDI against price-fixing claims involving cathode ray tubes (CRT). In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litig., MDL. No. 1917 (N.D. Cal.)
- Defended Samsung SDI against price-fixing claims involving thin film transistor liquid crystal display products. In re TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL) Antitrust Litigation, MDL. No 1827 (N.D. Cal.)
- Defended Samsung Electronics against multi-billion dollar group boycott claim brought by Rambus under California’s Cartwright Act concerning a certain type of DRAM. Rambus Inc. v. Micron Technology Inc., 04-0431105 (San Francisco Superior Court)
- Defended Live Nation and Clear Channel against Sherman Act § 2 monopolization claims brought by a purported class of purchasers of rock concert tickets. In re Live Concert Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1745 (C.D. Cal.)
- Co-Chair, Books and Treatises Committee of the ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2016-2019)
- State Bar of California, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section
- Vice Chair, Books and Treatises Committee of the ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2014-2015)
Rate : $$$