Lisa K. Horgan advises and represents employers in a wide variety of matters in all areas of labor and employment law, including :
- Advice and counseling, including issues related to leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, disability, training, hiring, discipline and separation of employment
- Wage and hour issues, including claims involving minimum wage obligations, overtime wage compensation obligations, the regular rate, classification of employees as overtime exempt, and meal and rest break issues
- Whistleblower claims, under both California and federal law
- Class action litigation
Lisa counsels employers on the development, implementation, and application of employment policies on a full range of employment issues, and how to address workplace issues before they become litigation matters.
However, when litigation does occur, she represents clients in administrative complaint proceedings, arbitration, and in state and federal courts throughout California. She often works with clients in the technology, retail, and healthcare industries but has experience in a wide array of industries.
Prior to joining Littler, Lisa was a law clerk at the California Teachers Association. While in law school, she participated in the USC Employer Legal Advice Clinic counseling non-profit organizations in the complexities of employment law, and she was supervising editor of the Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2009
- B.A., University of California, Davis
Rate : $$$$