Lisa Lin Garcia regularly advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment matters, including : Wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and similar state leave laws, Disability accommodation, Whistleblower claims, Employee handbooks and personnel policies.
Lisa counsels employers through day-to-day employment decisions as well as the development and implementation of new employment policies and procedures.
Lisa has represented a variety of employers in federal and state court litigation, and before other state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Previously, Lisa served as a judicial extern to the Hon. George P. Schiavelli, U.S. District Court, Central District of California. In law school, she was the executive articles editor for the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2008
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2004
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Asian American Bar Association
Rate : $$$