Ms. Sophie Jacobi-Parisi concentrates her practice in all areas of matrimonial and family law. She is experienced handling complicated custody cases, particularly custody matters involving children with special needs.
Ms. Jacobi-Parisi is experienced in negotiating prenuptial, separation and settlement agreements and she also has litigation and trial experience in New York’s Family and Supreme courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Jacobi-Parisi was a partner at a premiere boutique matrimonial firm. Prior to that Ms. Jacobi-Parisi was a staff attorney with the Legal Aid Society, Juvenile Rights Practice where she represented children in legal proceedings in the Bronx Family court.
- Member, Board of Directors of Promise Project, a non-profit organization associated with Columbia University that supports and works with underserved children with learning disabilities
- Co-Chair and executive committee member, New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2014-2016) and Annual Meeting and Summer Meeting Continuing Legal Education Committee (2014-2016)
- Co-Chair, New York Women’s Bar Association, Family Law and Matrimonial Committee (2008-2010)
- Member, New York City Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Committee (2011-2013)
- Bucknell University, B.A.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Social Work, MSW
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- 2004, New York
Rate : $$$