Lisa A. Vance has more than 35 years of wide-ranging experience as a trial lawyer in state and federal courts, winning significant verdicts for companies with challenging disputes, including dangerous vicarious liability claims of sexual assault and murder as well as document-intensive national litigation. She founded her own law firm in San Antonio, now focused on all aspects of family law, in 2001.
She advocates for a gentler focus on marital termination, convinced that a family’s energies should be spent on the healthy development of children rather than end-of-marriage angst.
Her practice has expanded from litigation to collaborative law, and in addition to practicing collaboratively when possible, she also advocates for working in tandem with mental health professionals to help married couples and their children work toward healing. When situations call for litigation, however, particularly in protecting families, she successfully promotes the best interests of her clients and their children in the courtroom.
Lisa wants her clients to know that she is a fierce advocate who will fight for her clients and do whatever is needed, in collaboration with the courts, to protect her clients.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Supreme Court
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D. – 1981
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.A. – 1977
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts, Member
Rate : $$$$