Lynn E. Calkins is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight’s Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Calkins serves as the deputy section leader of the firmwide Litigation Section and on the firm’s Directors Committee. She is also the practice group leader for Holland & Knight’s Washington, D.C., Litigation Group.
Ms. Calkins is a trial lawyer and appellate advocate, concentrating in civil enforcement actions, regulatory litigation (including Administrative Procedures Act (APA) matters) and complex commercial litigation. She is experienced in representing clients in civil disputes involving the federal government and plaintiff advocacy groups, and is a member of the firm’s Risk and Crisis Management Team.
Ms. Calkins represents public and private real estate investment trusts (REITs), developers, hotels, website operators, restaurants and local governments in the defense of claims under the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Examples of her FHA and ADA matters include:
- United States v. Post Properties (D.D.C.)
- United States v. JPI Construction (N.D. Tex.)
- United States et al. v. Sarasota County (M.D. Fla.)
- Equal Rights Center v. Post Properties (D.D.C. and D.C. Cir.)
- Equal Rights Center v. AvalonBay (D. Md.)
- Equal Rights Center v. Gables Residential (D. Md.)
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Delaware, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$