Lynn Hurst brings to the table the kind of sophistication and experience necessary to structure and negotiate a successful joint venture; to finance and develop shopping centers, office buildings and other real estate ventures. His years of experience dealing with the complex and subtle also include contract and business law matters, health care law and medical and other professional practice partnerships and agreements.
He has extensive experience with complex real estate purchase and financing transactions from all perspectives having represented commercial property buyers, sellers, owners and lenders in many transactions. He has been our clients’ lead attorney in sale and financing transactions totaling many hundreds of millions of dollars. He also has negotiated and reviewed leases of hundreds of thousands of square feet for both commercial landlord and tenant clients. His legal experience and practice include:
- All aspects of development, construction, purchasing, selling, operating and financing shopping centers, industrial properties, retail complexes, marinas, office buildings and land transactions.
- Representing lenders in structuring, collateralizing and documenting commercial, real estate and development loans as well as structuring, documenting and perfecting seller financing for sellers and purchasers with and without deed release procedures.
- All aspects of investment and operating joint venture and entity formation, dissolution and termination as well as buy-outs and retirements, both involuntary and voluntary.
- Negotiating, analyzing and drafting commercial, office, retail and industrial leases for landlords and tenants as well as ground leases, both subordinated and un-subordinated.
- Structuring development and equity (both property and cash) partnerships for both the developer who contributes the project or the equity partner providing the equity or development cash.
- Sales and purchases of complete and partial interests in investment partnerships.
- Negotiating remediation and clean-up agreements for contaminated properties, both after-the-fact as well as part of the acquisition negotiation and planning.
- Structuring real estate options and rights of first refusal for the purchase and lease of real estate as well as put and reverse options.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA
- Juris Doctor, 1973, Order of the Coif
- Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Arts, 1968
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Theta
Professional & Community Activities:
Mr. Hurst is admitted to practice in Washington State, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court and is a member of the:
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
Rate : $$$