Marcia L. Pope, a Pillsbury partner and the firm’s general counsel, is based in San Francisco and focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling. Marcia provides practical advice on all issues that arise in the workplace, investigating sensitive matters and defending employers in litigation before state and federal tribunals and arbitrators.
Her focus areas include prosecution and defense of trade secret misappropriation claims, as well as defense of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and whistleblower allegations.
Marcia has extensive jury trial experience and is skilled in positioning cases for early disposition. She frequently investigates Title VII and Title IX matters.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Obtained dismissal of pregnancy discrimination allegations, PAGA and related claims for a global information and technology services company in Alameda County Superior Court.
- Defended a major oil company against defamation allegations, securing a favorable judgment in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Obtained dismissal of a race discrimination case for a major energy company in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Union claim for medical benefits contribution. Partial employer award in July 2004.
- Defamation case tried to a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Defense judgment in January 2012.
- Sexual harassment and retaliatory termination case tried before the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. Defense verdict in 2006.
- Sexual harassment case tried to a jury in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Defense verdict in 2001.
- Pregnancy discrimination and related claims in Alameda County Superior Court. Dismissed in 2013.
- Age discrimination and retaliatory termination case in Contra Costa County Superior Court. Dismissed in 2006.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1986
- A.B., Harvard University, 1983
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- All California state courts
Rate : $$$