Marilyn Ratzel works with clients in the leasing of commercial property, with a focus on the telecommunications industry. She also has an extensive background in community association law, assisting developers with the creation of condominium and other common-interest communities.
Using a proactive approach, Marilyn helps clients realize their goals by providing practical, actionable advice and solutions. Marilyn advises national telecommunications companies on a wide range of issues involving the leasing of ground, tower, rooftop and in-building space for communications facilities and related utilities.
Marilyn understands the rapidly evolving technology in the telecommunications sector provides an ever-changing landscape for a client’s legal needs and requires flexibility and persistence in timeline-driven industries.
Marilyn successfully navigates clients through contract negotiations for a variety of different telecommunications applications, and with a variety of different entities, from private landowners to university and municipal or state entities.
In addition to working with telecommunications companies, Marilyn represents clients in condominium and common-interest community matters. Her practice ranges from assisting clients with creating condominiums and reviewing existing documents to ensure compliance with state requirements to advising them on enforcement and disputes involving condominiums and common-interest communities.
Representative Matters :
- Represents telecommunications companies with the negotiation of ground, tower, rooftop and in-building leases for telecommunications facilities.
- Advises telecommunications companies on enforcement of existing agreements and practical solutions involving disputes.
- Drafts condominium declarations and related formation documents for the creation of commercial, residential and mixed-use condominiums.
- Advises clients on compliance with state laws and regulations governing condominiums and common-interest communities.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Women’s Wireless Leadership Forum
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., 1997, International Business
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$