Kelly Vickers is a Partner in the Dallas office of Locke Lord LLP and her practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation. Kelly has represented numerous companies and individuals in state and federal court. Kelly is certified as a corporate compliance and ethics professional and advises clients on compliance and ethics issues.
Kelly is a strategic problem solver who is detail and results oriented. She is extremely organized and directs the course for complex matters involving various parties and issues. Clients have praised Kelly’s candid demeanor, responsiveness and practical business-minded approach to handling matters.
Kelly participated in the Lawyers on Loan program with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office in 2008 as a prosecutor where she tried numerous jury and bench trials and won multiple convictions.
In the area of white collar criminal defense, Kelly has represented a number of companies and individuals before federal courts and investigative bodies, including multiple U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, Securities Exchange Commission, Health & Human Services, Office of Inspector General, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Election Commission, and Internal Revenue Service.
In addition, Kelly has conducted and has represented witnesses in connection with internal investigations involving a wide array of issues, including stock back-dating, fraud allegations, and tax and securities violations. She has presented findings of investigations to Boards of Directors and participated in strategic discussions with her clients regarding remediation plans, self-disclosure, and ongoing business matters.
In the area of complex commercial litigation, Kelly has over fourteen years’ experience representing clients in complex matters and “bet the company” litigation. She is strategic and efficient in directing cases with voluminous discovery records.
With her experience representing clients both as plaintiffs and defendants, she has the foresight to consider cases strategically. She has developed litigation strategies from case inception through resolution, and works diligently and efficiently resolve disputes and conserve client resources.
Kelly has both state and federal jury trial experience, which includes all aspects of preparing a matter for trial. She has significant experience conducting and managing discovery, including depositions and managing the review of extensive documents and electronically stored information (“ESI”), drafting and arguing motions, and taking cases to trial.
- Represented a health care center in a joint investigation by the U.S. Attorneys’ office, HHS and OIG resulting in no charges being brought
- Currently representing, and have represented in the past, multiple individual clients subject to criminal charges by the U.S. Attorneys’ Office, including representing clients pre-indictment, through jury trials, and sentencing
- Currently advising multiple clients on compliance issues, including gifts and entertainment, political and charitable contributions, and healthcare issues
- Represented eighteen employees and former employees of an international computer manufacturer in an internal and SEC investigation concerning accounting issues, including an individual working in EMEA and APJ
- Represented the general counsel of a public company in front of the SEC and U.S. Attorneys’ Office related to stock option back-dating, tax issues, and securities issues
- Represented several major international financial services firms in internal investigations involving whistleblowers
- In re WorldCom Securities Litigation – Represented a director of WorldCom and member of the company’s audit committee in multiple securities fraud cases seeking more than $40 billion in damages
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- B.A., Psychology, Texas A&M University, 2000
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law
Admissions : Texas, 2003
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2003
Rate : $$$